Monday, September 13, 2010

New Life

My daughter is just over 16 weeks old, and in the past 3 1/2 months I have read more books on parenting and education than on theology, so I haven't been posting. But when I think back I have thought about theology, just in a different way. Having a new baby in my arms is so hard to describe. I feel like I have participated with God in creating a new life in a very real way. I feel vulnerable because I never thought I could love anyone this much. I feel like I'm looking at myself and getting a picture into a part of my life in which I have no memory. As I watch her grow I wonder who she is and feel privileged to be able to participate in the unfolding of her life. Wow. She is developing right before me. I am truly blessed. I am truly scared. I am truly exciting.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment